Life: It is about the gift, not the package it comes in.

- Dennis P. Costea Jr.

Monday, September 29, 2008

First day of preschool.



Nicolas was so excited to start preschool. I of course was a little nervous. I didn't know if he was ready for a three day preschool. He has a hard enough time sitting and watching cartoons or a movie the whole way through. He never has really liked to color or read long books. (By long books I mean longer than 5 pages and short sentences.) He doesn't even like to go to primary because he hates to sit and sing songs for an hour. So I was so excited and nervous for him. Well Nic wanted Jared to drive him and so Nic told Jared it was time to go and of course Jared took his own time and Nic was going to be late. Then I called Jared on their way to remind him to walk Nic to the door for his first day and my fears were right because when I called, Jared was already on his way home and he said he couldn't walk Nic all the way to the door because class had already started! So of course I am imagining my poor scared baby boy walking into class all by himself with no support! I thought about locking Jared out of the house and not letting him in until he went back to school to make sure Nic was okay. But of course I didn't and was counting the minutes until I could go and save this sad boy who I knew was traumatized. So two hours finally went by and my mom and I went to pick him up and the first thing he did when he saw us waiting for him was smile his big boy smile and wave with his whole arm. When he had gotten into the car he told us excitedly about his day and all the new friends he had made. He even said he couldn't wait to go back before I could even ask him! The things I spend time worrying about end up being the things that I don't need to. Crazy.






1 comment:

Edwards. said...

Preschool for Nic! how exciting! They are so big...next year it will be kindergarten! Crazy!